Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Houdini Act is Over

Graham is generally a VERY good sleeper, and I am truly thankful for that.  For the past week or so though, he has been wriggling his way out of his swaddle and waking himself up.  I know there are some babies that hate to be swaddled, but it works really well for the little man.

While perusing some Mommy blogs a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a video where a woman had a unique way to pre-wrap baby's arms down to his sides before swaddling.  I blame my sleep deprived brain, but I totally forgot about that technique until last night.  We tried it out, and SUCCESS.  Little dude slept for 8 hrs in a row.  He woke up SUPER hungry, but happy. And I can't complain about a nice long stretch of sleep either.  I can't find the video that I learned the technique from, so I made my own.  So, whoever you are - smart arm wrapping mom - thank you!


Some people seem to be really down on the whole swaddling thing, but it is actually recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.  Here's a helpful link with more info about swaddling, issued by the AAP.  It's based on "The Happiest Baby on the Block" - which I'm also a major fan of! 


Hope this helps others with little Houdini babies.



No comments:

Post a Comment